These days, computer security is the main concern for most of the computer manufacturing companies. More and more security threats are developing each day and it is a regular job for the manufacturers to take preventive measures against these threats. They have to constantly update their software to make it capable to resist the virus infections. The main threats include viruses, spyware and other malicious software.
Mac OS X
Apple produces the best quality computers and other gadgets in the world. They have developed a special operating system for themselves and all their computers run on this OS. You might have a doubt that ‘do Macs get viruses’. The operating system of apple is capable of resisting most of the viruses and other malicious software. However, even the Macs can also get infected by viruses. So, no matter what OS you use, it is better to install and run good antivirus software and to scan the system at least once a week.
The Trojans are a type of viruses which can infect any computers and even the Mac has no exception. If your Mac is infected with a Trojan horse, try the following instructions to remove it and to keep your system safe from Trojans and other types of viruses.
Steps to Follow
- Open your web browser and download good antivirus software, which is compatible for Mac OS X system.
- You can find a Mac version of Norton Antivirus from Symantec.
- You can also use the antivirus software like ClamXav, VirusBarrier X5 and iAntivirus which are specifically made for Mac OS.
- Install the antivirus on your computer.
- After installing the software, launch the antivirus program.
- You have to select the option to upgrade the new virus definitions.
- Now the program automatically updates new virus definitions and makes the software capable of removing new types of threats.
- In order to scan your hard drive entirely, select Macintosh HD as the destination for scanning.
- Start the scanning process.
- While the scanning process is going on, it is better not to obstruct the computer.
- When the scanning process is over, you can view the threats and remove them by selecting Delete or Remove button.
- Scan your system regularly in the same way to keep your system safe from viruses.
Hope you clear your doubt that do Macs get viruses and the procedure for removing viruses from the Mac.Google+